Karate as Art and Culture The follow code was displayed in Nakazato Sensei’s Shorinkan Dojo in Aja
- In training karate practice forms and technique in an orderly fashion. “One by one” and “step by step” and increase his training times and strength gradually. Do not carry out a vigorous training from the beginning
- Use Makawarra (punching board) and other raining aids habitually in order to train the first and other parts of the body.
- It has been said from olden times that it takes at least three years to master single kata completely and consequently, unlimited time is need to master all forms (kata) and variations of the techniques of karate. Never be self-conceited. Self – conceit will prevent progress and will cause the Karatekar to anti-social in behaviour.
- Practice each and every form of karate in an orderly fashion, and evenly, so as not to have a strong or a weak point.
- A student should ask his trainers and seniors what ever questions that he may have and solve questions and problems
From “What is the value of learning karate” © author M.Greville